Thursday, April 5, 2012

Marathon Update

So I've been thinking about the marathon, and I've become a bit concerned about doing such a large bit of exercise while nursing. Some women experience a decrease in milk supply when they do major feats. Couple that with me being out of country for five days a couple weeks before the walk, and I was getting a bit nervous. I don't want to put my hare-brained ideas before my baby's food supply!

And so, I've decided to change the marathon to a half marathon. I passed the idea by my friends who have agreed to do it with me, and we are all a bit relieved. So we are now scheduled to walk a half marathon (or a little bit longer) on June 30th. We'll probably walk 15 miles - from Palmer Lake to Ice Lake on the Air Force Academy.

I would like to tell you that I stopped posting about my walks because I have been so busy walking long distances that I haven't had time to post about it. But the truth is that I haven't gotten around to much walking, though I have gotten a couple good ones in.

But who has time to walk when you have to talk silly videos of your baby?

Here is one of said videos. A Jedi Princess just out of her bath.

video

This Jedi Princess also mastered the art of sitting unaided today. (Which reminds me, if I haven't said before, that Allie also started saying "mama" last week. She says it when she's in distress. Pretty adorable.)

video

And last, Allie wanted to say thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Van for her Easter present. video

video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good plan!Babies don't wait . . . look how much Allie has changed in such a short time . . . sitting up . . . will be scooting soon and then crawling . . Cute videos!
Aubergine