Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mid-Week Mini-Trip


We're heading today to Estes Park for a little mini-trip. I get to use my flexible work schedule to take advantage of Estes in the summer. The last time we were there, I was 7-weeks pregnant but didn't know it. I just thought I was feeling particularly lazy. We'll see how much more energy I have to hike now, at 32 1/2 weeks, compared to 7.

On a random site note, I recently got a maternity belt with birthday money Trevor and Dynell gave me. It's the best! I wish I had gotten one sooner. Lately, I haven't been able to walk far at all without getting bad side aches and a very sore lower back. But I wore my new handy-dandy belt on Sunday, and was able to hike for 1 1/2 hours! Here's a pic of our little hike, which will serve as my 32 week picture:


Of course, hiking longer simply enabled me to make my hips hurt like I'm an 80-year-old, but it was worth it, to feel like I'm a normal person again. I don't know if other pregnant women feel like this, but sometimes I despair that I'll ever feel normal, fit and energetic again. I can tell I'm ready to start feeling healthy again because I've been searching for a gym (something I'd sworn off of for several years), and last night I bought 4 workout shirts, a pilates DVD and a book about 14ers at a garage sale. Do you think I'm ready to move again or what? In case you were wondering, Mike bought a bb gun to pretend he's Captain America and a staff to pretend he's a wizard.

As a side treat, here's a video on acting from Sir Ian McKellen on how to pretend you're a wizard.

1 comment:

Elizabeth M. said...

You are the cutest preggo lady ever! Nice background, too. Ahh, Estes! I love Colorado! By the way, would Monday work to hang out a bit?