Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Couple Pictures from Estes

We had a pleasant, albeit short visit to Estes. Here are some pictures of our time. Tuesday, late afternoon, we drove up Trail Ridge Road. There was a ton of snow for August! But it was warm and lovely.


There were bunches of picas. Picas look and sound just like squeaky toys. I want one for my very own.


That night we actually found a restaurant we like in Estes! Smokin' Daves, a relatively new BBQ place. The corn on the cob was white and sweet. The Southern green beans were fresh and bacony. The brisket and ribs were tender and delicious. I'm sure we'll be going back.

Wednesday, we watched the hummingbirds eat and fight and eat and fight and eat and fight from our cabin.


We hiked to Sprague Lake from the Y...a 4-mile hike that made me feel about 90-years-old, I was so sore and achy afterwards.


We went to the Alluvial Fan, where Mike's dad made questionable choices.


Then today, we left early in the morning to get back to work. Thank you, Vans, for the nice holiday!

4 comments:

cvs said...

Thanks, you are enjoyable company Mike and Amber and made it much more fun for us. Heeding the Proverb,"the simple believe everything but a wise man takes care for his steps", would have prevented my fall. God is kind and I wasn't hurt and you are tactfull Amber to call bad choices questionable. cvs

Tara said...

It looks like you had a great time! I am impressed with your hiking abilities too. Oh, and cvs, you are a risk taker!! I would have been scolding you if I were there:)

barleygreen said...

What fun...glad you were able to enjoy the outdoors.

cvs said...

Tara you are the greatest-so caring that your scolding would have been appreciated as an act of loving kindness but of course unheeded as the simple generally refuse to become wise expect through painfull experiences. cvs