Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baby Showers Tres y Cuatro

Last week, I wrapped up my month o' baby showers with showers three and four. The third was a shower at work with my lovely Compassion friends. It was a joint effort, and I so appreciate all the work people put in. Gina started the shower with a slide show of what Mike and my child will look like...apparently she got Mike's receding hairline.

They also arranged for my Canadian coworkers to Skype into the shower, so lucky Aaron and Adam got to sit in on a girly baby shower. But we only made them stay 10 minutes. Gina also wrote a baby Mad Libs game for the shower. My friend Jen was in charge of the cake and had it special designed to match our crib set! So cute.

As it turns out, my coworkers are craftsier than I know, and Alexandra got several amazing handcrafted items, like baby booties, cardigan, and a loom-woven baby blanket. It was wonderful to see all my work friends and feel like I still have a place at Compassion, even as a Canadian traitor.

On Friday, Brenda and Jennifer threw me a shower with friends from church. Since I'd had a couple of day-time showers, they made it a Friday night coffee and dessert shower. Here are a couple of the lovely ladies who attended.


Brenda, who loves to bake, made all kinds of goodies like biscotti, coffee cake and, by my special request, key lime pie. Yum! Since many of the ladies were new moms, I got lots of practical gifts...like this one. (If you don't know, don't ask.)

And lastly, here is a 35 week picture for my sister-in-law who requested it.

I'm so blessed and thankful for all my wonderful friends, family and coworkers during this season of showers!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Your showers sound like a lot of fun! I love the pictures you included--very creative!! It is fun how all of the showers were so different. I wanted to jump in the pictures for each party!

I love your belly pic. You look beautiful!!

Krista said...

What great photos! Thanks for the belly shot. You look wonderful!

I'm quite curious to see what Alexandra looks like myself but we'll have to wait a while to see if she resembles that photo at all.

What a thoughtful gift from your friend and fellow mother :)