Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Day in My Life

Sometimes my parents ask me, "You guys do so much; how do you get it all done?" It is hard with my busy and hectic life to keep it all together. Just as an example, here is an outline of what I did today.
  • Wake up and look at cherubic husband sleeping soundly next to me.
  • Pull laptop into bed and begin working, researching Bible verses for the week's prayer requests.
  • Husband wakes.
  • Listen to husband discuss how DC Comics is reaching too far with the Green Lantern and how perhaps its imminent failure will check rampant movie making of b-list comic book heroes.
  • Google Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern suit to see what costume really looks like.
  • Discuss disadvantages of getting too built with husband. (He believes, along with Stephen Colbert, that it is his moral obligation to let himself go in order to save himself from the temptation of posting pictures of himself online a la Representative Wiener.)
  • Finish choosing Bible verses.
  • Continue to work by researching content from a blog to use in the magazine.
  • Get distracted by an article on the blog about cloth diapers. Read article. Also read about how she uses cloth toilet paper and feminine products.
  • Get weirded out.
  • Begin editing story.
  • Try to continue editing story with husband's head in lap while he coos, "Hello, Alexandra! This is your father!"
  • Say goodbye to husband as he goes to work at 11.
  • Finish story and get out of bed.
  • Vow to get out of bed earlier tomorrow.
  • Eat lunch: a deconstructed pb&j bagel.
  • Take a walk in hills above neighborhood.
  • Pant like a hippo would if hippos panted.
  • Get chased by an overprotective red-winged blackbird.
  • Get home and decide to start laundry.
  • Instead of doing laundry, decide to try on swimsuits for possible Water World trip.
  • Decide being pregnant doesn't make me look any cuter in a swimsuit.
  • Notice several new features on body, such as love handles and mysterious lower back fat.
  • Decide to never swim again.
  • Do laundry.
  • Sit down to write donor report.
  • Research drink dispensers as birthday present for myself.
  • Start to write donor report.
  • Watch preview for Blue Like Jazz the movie.
  • Have sudden need to research Reed college.
  • Continue writing donor report.
  • Watch video of a photographer friend racing a Special Olympics runner in the Philippines.
  • Continue to write donor report.
  • Realize I will die if I don't eat in next 5 seconds and, remembering novel new back fat, eat cottage cheese with paprika instead of gelato.
  • Finish donor report.
  • Sit down to practice piano.
  • Find music teacher's music charts mixed in with books.
  • Postpone practice to Facebook teacher to tell her I found her music charts.
  • Watch eHarmony video about girl who just loves cats too much.
  • Research whether video is for real or not.
  • Decide it's a hoax.
  • Wonder whether or not I really wanted to learn piano anyway.
  • Decide to write a blog post about my day instead of practicing piano.
And, that, is how I do the hard work of being me.

4 comments:

Michael Jonathan Van Schooneveld said...

On the positive side, this is pretty much everyone's normal day at the office is like these days. You just have a better place to walk and happen to be in your own house. Also, this makes me sound like a goofball. I'm a man of refinement and distinction.

sarahbri said...

Wow. Big day Amber. Try not to overwork yourself any more, mmmkay?

Elizabeth M. said...

I think you better practice your piano if you intend to become a great classical pianist! For shame Amber. And...didn't you think the cat video was dumb? Noone likes cats that much..right? Oh, and I thought you might like to know that I ate three bowls of cereal yesterday :)

Elizabeth M. said...

I think you better practice your piano if you intend to become a great classical pianist! For shame Amber. And...didn't you think the cat video was dumb? Noone likes cats that much..right? Oh, and I thought you might like to know that I ate three bowls of cereal yesterday :)