Friday, May 27, 2011

Where's My Stinkin' Belly?

My weekly email from BabyCenter said this today: "At this point, you may find your belly becoming a hand magnet." Uh yeah.

At 22 weeks, I still look simply suspiciously chubby.


With an added feature of a double chin. (Or maybe I always had that. Or maybe it's just the lighting.)

As we all know, pregnancy is all about getting attention. How am I supposed to get attention for simply looking like I've eaten too many Cheese Puffs working at home these past 5 months? Remember what Sarah looked like last week? In light of her belly, I feel that I am being cheated out of all the attention, sympathy and unwanted belly touching that is my right as a nearly 6 month pregnant lady! That's all.

5 comments:

Candace said...

You look like you just finished a hamburger--certainly not as if you're nearly 6 months along! I'm so impressed!

H.E.R. Impressions said...

So many women would love to have such a small belly at six months. I always wore maternity clothing even early on so that most people could surmise I was expecting. You'll eventually get all the attention from others. There are pros and cons to having a big or small belly. I only gained 21 pounds and I had family members telling me I looked huge (in a negative way).

Casey, Robin, Delaney, Amelia and Remington Egger said...

am, with my delaney, you couldn't look at me and confidently guess that i was preggers until i was about 26-30 weeks. then, with millie, i was showing at like just 12-15 weeks....and i'm pretty sure the moment i peed on the prego test with remi i was showing....ha! you look beautiful though, truly!

Elizabeth M. said...

You look beautiful! Remember each belly is different, and sometime soon you will look super preggo, and then you'll want strangers to STOP touching you!! : ) I think you look cute! Maybe you have a tilted Uterus..Sarah did, and she looked tiny till about 30 weeks.

sarahbri said...

Katrina was super tiny all the way to the end too. I mean, she got a prego belly, but even at the end she only looked about 6 months pregnant. She just carried her baby in her back a lot. You do look great!