Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lilliputian, Space Alien, or Tinkerbell?

I officially am now feeling the baby moving all about in my belly. When we saw the ultrasound on Monday, the baby was moving a ton, which probably gave me the confidence to identify the feelings as the baby.

It's the weirdest thing ever, if you think about it. The best way I can describe the feeling is if I imagined what it would feel like if a Lilliputian or Tinkerbell was in me, kicking and floundering about.

So my baby either looks like this:


Or like this:


(The little ones, not Jack Black. Let's pray my baby doesn't look like Jack Black.)

Then again, I can't help but think of space aliens when I feel a kick. Like last night when I woke up at 4 a.m. (ravenous, of course) and feeling the baby kick, all I could think of was this clip from Space Balls. I can't help but think it's actually a space alien inside me, waiting to burst out and begin singing. But in my memory, I prefer to picture Michigan J. Frog singing and dancing, rather than that slimy lizard. So my baby also could look like this:


I guess we'll have to just wait and see!

And while I'm on the topic of babies, here's a blog post about parenting I found both funny and helpful.

1 comment:

NV said...

We read the blog (at the same time) that you mentioned and it is certainly something that we agree with and found it really funny.
Too many silly things out there now. NV&CV