Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baby and Bath Room Update

We've come a long way since what will be our baby room and child's bathroom looked like this. Last I updated you, the bedroom looked like this. Now, after we refinished the dresser and bought our crib and got our bed set (which came with matching decor), it looks like this:

Now I just need to decide how to decorate the walls. And that is where you come in! I have the cutsie wall hangings that came with the crib set. (Complete with giraffes, leaves, and birds. Put a bird on it!) I'm thinking of hanging these over the crib. But I also still have a lot of open room, and I don't know how to decorate for babies (beyond putting birds on things). What would you do with this wall or on top of the dresser? (That is if I hang those wall hangings elsewhere.)

Or what would you do with this wall? I'm hoping (hint, hint, hint) for a gliding chair to go in that empty spot on the wall.

I like wall decals like this one, but I'm not sure I want to spend so much money on a plastic thing you stick to a wall.

So, really, I need your help. What should I do? (Note: Mike is against the idea of painting something ourselves because, as he puts it, "We're not artists.")

In bathroom news, the bathroom that once looked like this no longer looks like this.

Destructor Mike tore it to shreds until it looked like this.

But the busy little beaver has been, well, busy, and now it looks like this.

Yes, Mike is busy tiling away once again (and watching Futurama to boot). Once he's done tiling, I'll post pictures of our newly finished bathroom. That is, if you'll give me ideas of how to decorate the baby room.

6 comments:

Elizabeth M. said...

Lookin' good! I love the viney wall thingy and think splurging a little is fun. I also think it would be fun to personalize the room with her name or something...but is that too cutesy? There are lots of idea blogs out there...design dazzle being my favorite for baby rooms!

Amber said...

Thanks, Liz! I forgot to mention that, in addition to outlawing painting, Mike has also outlawed names or letters or personalizations on the walls, as "tacky." :) I'll check that blog out!

Grimes said...

When I read this post I giggled excitedly like a school girl! I have a ton of pictures and ideas but blogger won't let me past them in a message : ( So perhaps I'll send them via facebook. But for now here's a few thoughts:

Frame covers of your favorite kids books.

Letters don't need to be cheesy, how about her monogram painted over the crib?

Pennant flags and puffpuff garlands {you'll have to see the pictures}

Silhouette of your little ones profile.

Heehee, there I go again....
We probably have completely different decor style but thought I'd throw some ideas your
way anyhow. OK I'm done : )

Amber said...

P.S. What do you guys think about hanging that quilt on the wall, rather than on the crib? That would take care of one wall!

nv said...

The quilt I made for Krista's first baby has become the wall decor for all the 4 boys- as a wall hanging and not a quilt, so your idea is great. Babies do not sleep under blankets or quilts in their cribs.
There are all kind of stencils that you could do that do not involve any free hand painting that may go with your theme. Maybe Michaels has some. NV.

sarahbri said...

A pretty mirror or set of mirrors! Girls love to look at themselves, so just teach her to be vain right from the beginning. :)