Monday, April 18, 2011

On the Rist Canyon

Because I'm a romantic, ever since I began contemplating working at home I began thinking of how lovely it would be to use my freedom to work from interesting and beautiful places. So today, I am fulfilling my dream of working from my friend, Candace's, cottage. She lives up the Rist Canyon, just north of the little town of Bellvue, Colorado.


I'll also get to visit some of my favorite haunts in Fort Collins, which reminds me that I'm growing up. Because when we first moved away from Fort Collins, I had a hard time cutting the apron strings, and every time we visited, I would become depressed and ask the universe, "Why, oh, why did I ever leave!" But now I have, amazingly, found contentedness in all situations, as Philippians 4:12 says, "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in Fort Collins or in Colorado Springs." (ANV version)


So now I hope to visit Fort Collins, not to mourn all the good I've left behind, but to remember all the good God has given me in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of all the beautiful places I've been in Colorado and how much fun it is to experience new places and new faces. And like the Girl Scout song . . . make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold. :)
Aubergine

nv said...

I think that the woodsie where Craig asked me to marry him in 1970 was up Rist Canyon. A beautiful place. nv