Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The 5th Annual Van Schooneveld Christmas Quiz

Merry Christmas!
And welcome to:
The 5th Annual Van Schooneveld Christmas Quiz

I can't believe it's been five years of the much-anticipated, much-copied, but never matched Van Schooneveld Christmas quiz. This is our little version of a Christmas card - measuring your friendship with us based on the results of a 10-question quiz. Take our Christmas quiz to see if you’re our real BFF, a frenemy, a stranger, or a stalker. Or see how you measure up to last year's results!

1. In July, we became small business owners, opening:
a. Van Schooneveld's Lekker Herring Emporium
b. Mike's Mutt Massage
c. Glacier Homemade Ice Cream and Gelato
d. Sweater Vest for Homunculi

2. For vacation this year, we:
a. Watched the sun set in Santa Fe
b. Went on a hiking tour of the nude hot springs of Colorado
c. Drank mai tais in Kauai
d. Did hard manual labor for 6 days straight

3. This year, we became the proud new owners of:
a. an adorable little Australian shepherd named Moxie Ledoux
b. the newest, hottest baby model, Michael 2.0
c. a sensible new bedroom set
d. a naked mole rat, the only animal we're not allergic to

4. This year, what did Mike do in our home?
a. Created a kitchen island out of a scrapped bathroom vanity
b. Refurbished an ugly oaky banister
c. Painted our kitchen table copper
d. Removed popcorn ceilings and installed crown molding in our bedroom
e. all of the above

5. This year, what did Amber do while traveling for work?
a. Tried every form of transportation in the Philippines - plane, jeepney, taxi, ferry, motor rickshaw and cycle rickshaw
b. Totally fell for Korean barbecue and grape-ade
c. Hiked over the moon in China
d. Got Shanghai'ed in Beijing
e. Headbanged with warriors in Rwanda
f. all of the above

6. Mike spent all his time bossing around how many employees?
a. two
b. four
c. six
d. eight

7. Amber proved her worth to society by engaging in physical feats. Which did she not do?
a. Climb to the top of Pikes Peak
b. Bike 157 miles in three days over three mountain passes
c. Climb the incline in 30 minutes flat over 30 times this year
d. Climb to the top of Mount Blodgett

8. Mike and Amber took overnight weekend trips to which of our following favorite locations?
a. Moab, Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Buena Vista
b. Commerce City, Pueblo, Trinidad, and Fort Morgan
c. Aspen, Estes Park, Breckenridge, and Manitou Springs
d. Firenze, Bonn, Edinburgh, and Prague

9. We pretentiously named our home:
a. Fox Hollow
b. Aspen Hill
c. Netherparts
d. Consumption Glen

10. Amber wrote a study guide for a book that changed her life, called:
a. When I Lay My Isaac Down
b. "Are You Pregnant?" 10 Questions Your 30's Will Teach You to Loathe
c. Becoming a Woman of Influence
d. Becoming Jael: Nailing the Crises in Your Life

Your Score: How Many Did You Get Right?
1. c
2. d
3. c. I just stole Moxie Ledoux from my sister to take our family Christmas picture with her.
4. e. He did it all. Here, here, here, and here.
5. f. You probably saw that coming. I did it all here, here, here, here, here, and here.
6. d
7. c. I'm dumb, but not that dumb.
8. a. This question is for all of you who said the quiz was too easy last year.
9. b
10. a

0-2 Stranger: Hey, stranger. You really need to get on Facebook.
3-5 Frenemy: Although you're our friend, you don't know much about us. You need to stop acting like a frenemy and be our real BFF.
6-7 Business Associate: Let's do a power lunch.
8-9 Real BFF: You're on us like white on rice.
10 Mom or Creepy Stalker: Which are you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better change the question in #4 Not should not be there. I guess I am a MOM. N.

Elizabeth M. said...

I got an 8...but a 9 last year! Sheesh. I do love your quiz, hooray for saving stamps, paper and a headache :) I am in the midst of sending out cards. Blech!

Bridal Concepts by Christy Aspinwall said...

Sad - I got 4 :-( I guess I better start stalking you two

sarahbri said...

Well, I'm a mom, but I'm not your mom, so I must be a stalker. I got them all right! For the record though, I think you SHOULD name your home Netherparts. You two always want to be pretentious, but you're not, and you do have somewhat scandalous senses of humor. Also, you SHOULD write that book "Are You Pregntant? 10 Questions Your 30's Will Teach You To Loathe". I can't think of anyone who would do a better job of it, and I want to read it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, good. I got a Mom or Stalker. Almost forgot about the When I Lay My Isaac down.

Tara said...

I guess I am your stalker too . . . Maybe I am just a really good student and not a stalker!