Mike is running around like a monkey with his tail cut off to get everything ready in time. It's go-time, people--one week left until our soft open! So if you're bored or just philanthropic, you could pray for the following:
- The space to be ready for our 9 am health inspection on Monday morning. There have been a number of last-minute issues to be figured out, like incorrect plumbing and wiring.
- All the necessary equipment to arrive in time for our inspection. Our hardening cabinet is going to be two weeks late, but we think we have a loaner to use for two weeks.
- All our supplies and shipments to get here. Here are just a few to keep you busy: building signs, menu signs, food supplies, cleaning supplies, tables, paper products, etc.
- We are driving our initial supply of ice cream down from Boulder (because of the missing hardening cabinet). So you could pray all the ice cream gets made and gets here on time. We'll start making ice cream ourselves in a week!
- The training of our employees to go well. They're all training in Boulder this week, to be ready for opening day.
- Mike to have stamina and encouragement.
- Me to be nice to Mike. :)
Basically, we just want to make sure there is ice cream in the tubs, cups to put the ice cream in, signs to order the ice cream from, tables to sit an eat the ice cream at, and a smile on all our faces.
Here comes the annoying gushy part where the wife brags on her husband: Mike is doing so incredible! I have not told him this, but I personally am having periodic (by which I mean every other second) panic attacks. But I know I can't control any of this, so I tell the panic to go away, pray, and give Mike a kiss on the cheek. Mike has faced so many issues and problems this week, but he just figures out how to solve it and keeps going. I know it's exhausting. But he is doing so well in so much utterly foreign and challenging territory. Go Mike!