Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yangshuo Retreat

Are you kidding me?


I don't have a perfect life. There are many things that have not gone at all to plan. But every now and then I have to admit, "this is pretty cool."

Being an English major, you don't dream of all the glamorous and exotic things you'll get to do with your career. You pray you'll be able to pay your rent. So I'm still sometimes stunned at all the cool things I get to do.

Like go to China to meet the seven people in Asia I've been working with for 3 years but never met. Like going there to teach writing seminars. Like staying here for the training in September.

The rates at this retreat are $27 a night! So I may go a day or so early to soak up the mountains. I can't quite believe my luck or whatever you want to call it. I don't think I'll believe it until I'm there.

3 comments:

aubergine said...

Oh my gosh! How beautiful. So the Phillipines and China this year . . . that is "pretty cool."

Tara said...

This place looks amazing! It it is so neat that you get to go to China also.

Krista said...

What an incredible opportunity!