Sunday, March 14, 2010

Outside My Window

Outside My Window: A heavy March snow falls in the blue night.
I Am Thinking: Of my conversation with a Haitian coworker that really shook me last week, and subsequently of how "real life" and my search for comfort in this life have distracted me from the ultimate Comforter in life and the ultimate purpose of life.
I Am Thankful For: My husband, my job, and meaning beyond this life.
From the Kitchen: Leftover corn beef hash and soda bread from Jack Quinn's. Mmm.
I Am Wearing: The silk scarf my coworker in Thailand sent me and which I've worn three days in a row.
I Am Reading: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, When I Lay My Isaac Down, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, How the Irish Saved Civilization.
I Am Hoping: A bank will agree to give us money this week so we can get our ice cream groove on. (Mike had a promising conversation with a bank on Friday.)
I Am Hearing: Flight of the Conchords, "Hurt Feelings." (Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?)
I Am Creating: A twig-scape inspired by Sunset that was utterly unsuccessful. The twigs have returned to the backyard. Now I've replaced its place on the piano by candy jars filled with river rocks from past vacations. I think it looks good. Mike thinks it's weird to put rocks in candy jars.
Around the House: The island waits patiently to be tiled and Mike is listening to commentaries on Pixar movies.
My Favorite Things: The first time in the year it smells like rain, the first robin, corned beef, down comforters, and cereal for dinner.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: To begin writing a study book for When I Lay My Isaac Down for Navpress. To have my coworkers over on Thursday for an Irish meal and movie. To hug my husband a lot. To work as if arbeite ich fur den Herrn.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Messer said...

I wish you were outside my window!

So, how is How the Irish Saved Civilization? I am reading Three Cups of Tea, and so far, so good. I am going to google the Hurt Feelings video and hopefully, laugh! Miss you! Praying about your ice cream venture!