Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Irish Tea Party

Today, I had my team over for a little St. Patty's Day afternoon. I baked this soda bread, which always comes out looking so delightfully rustic. Mike bought Dubliner and Irish cheddar cheese, which was so tasty. Then I made Guinness stew. The only thing wrong with it is that there's none left! I printed out the old Irish hymn "Be Thou My Vision," and we read it as our prayer before eating. It was such a beautiful day, we took a turn about the neighborhood after our heavy lunch.

Then we had afternoon tea! I got to pull out my grandmother's china from Germany and Mike's grandparents' silver service for our tea. We had scones and shortbread with our tea.
We finished by watching Darby O'Gill and the Little People. A fine Irish time was had by all.

1 comment:

Sweet J said...

I love Darby O'Gill and the Little People. My mother would drop us off in the spring at the Saturday matinee and it was always this movie. It must have been a yearly local theater thing cause I saw it at least three times.

For the longest time I wanted to believe there were actually little people. I still have hope. ;)