Tuesday, March 9, 2010

International Woman's Day

Yesterday was International Women's Day. Some people scoff at things like women's day and feminism - mainly I believe out of a lack of knowledge. We haven't progressed in this world nearly as far as many think we have. Last month, a woman in Bangladesh was sentenced to beating for being raped. The man wasn't punished.

Please read this article I wrote at Compassion Australia's web site. Not because I wrote it, but because it's important.
This program, Child Survival, is the one I'll be visiting in the Philippines in April. I really believe this program is doing so much to educate and empower mothers around the world. If you don't sponsor a child because the $38 a month is too expensive, I highly recommend this option - $20 a month. I read a lot of stories of ways in which this program is helping women and transforming families, and it's pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Your article is on such an important topic. I am proud to be your sister when I hear that you are standing up for womens' rights around the world.