Monday, February 1, 2010

Springs Weekend

We had a fun Springsy weekend. Here are a few highlights. We finally went to the Pioneer Museum in the old courthouse building. I liked the old creaky elevator best. It made me feel like I was in Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, and the courtroom made me feel like I was in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Much eating occured, such as this glorious creation called a boxty from Jack Quinn's. It's corned beef and cabbage wrapped in a pancake and covered in mustard cream. Brilliant. The homeless man on the corner asked me for my leftovers. I had been pretty excited to eat them as leftovers.
To make up for it, we stopped by Patsy's candies...and then Colorado Custard Company in Manitou. You know, market research. Then Mike worked bunches and bunches while I laid around like a water buffalo and read.

Then we finally used my Christmas gift for the first time, the chiminea! It took awhile to get the fire going, but once it was we sat outside and looked at the stars and the fire. Then Mike stuck on his headlamp and read to me in the dark. But the fire got going too well, and would never die. We eventually got so cold, we had to come inside. Then we watched the fire from the kitchen (see the fire in the bottom right of the picture?) while Mike still read to me with his headlamp on, while we warmed up with hearty bowls of ice cream.
La vita e bella!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Messer said...

I want a chimney-a...is that how you say it? What book are thou readingest? And do tell, what flavor of ice cream?

Amber said...

We say it "chim-a-knee-a." Not sure it's right.

We are reading Anne of Avonlea. (I spared that fact in the post so Mike would sound manlier.)

And it's Girl Scout Samoa ice cream.

Steph said...

I actually have an essay buried in a time capsule on the grounds of the Pioneer Museum...I know, random, but true. (I didn't bury it myself:))

Tara said...

You were once a Girl Scout. . . that means you should have stayed outdoors no matter how cold!

The old courthouse looks really fun and your food looks delicious!