Saturday, February 6, 2010

Seasons of Love

Last night was the big night. Compassion held our "Seasons of Love" dessert auction and theater show. It was like being in high school again! Through the auction, we raised over $4,000 for the Hames family; David Hames was the videographer shooting for Compassion in Haiti who still has not been found.

My coworkers all did a great job, singing songs like "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" and "Matchmaker" and "All I Ask of You." I didn't feel nervous until I got on stage and Mike was singing, at which point my knees began knocking together. Here is a picture of Mike and me mooning at each other as Liesl and Rolph. (Sadly, Mike has already taken off his Nazi tie.)
Even my family got in on the action and bid on this cake for $140!!! We all enjoyed eating it at our house afterwards. Fondant is better looking than it is tasting, but as my mother said, it was about the experience. I had hoped to bid for my friend Brandy's cupcakes, but the auctioneer decided to make that a kids only round. It was fun seeing 8 year olds fight over cupcakes. And now, something unprecedented. I have graciously decided to post the video of Mike and I here. I feel the compulsive urge to apologize for it or insult it or make excuses for it, but I am resisting. Enjoy!


And as a parting treat, check out the Taiwanese version of "We Go Together" from Grease. You have to at least watch starting at 1:05.

8 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! I am amazed you posted your video . . .I thought you would be mad that we even took it! You guys did great and I loved being there!

By the way, we bid $105 on the gorgeous cake! What a great cause.

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE IT! nv

Amber said...

Tara, I wouldn't get mad at you for taking a video! Besides, remember, I'm practicing not being so self-concious and Mike's fam wanted to see it.

Thanks, Nancy!

Elizabeth Messer said...

That is so fun! I wish I could have out-bid your family for the cake : ) Just teasing! I think you were wonderful! Amber, I am not sure I have heard you sing before, and I loved it! And Mike's show choir days sure paid off! I'm so impressed! Love you both. Praying for all your adventures.

Steph said...

That was awesome, I would never do anything like that so I admire anyone who would:)

Krista said...

Josh and I thought it was amazing! We both loved it. Thanks so much for posting it. Josh said several times, "Wow! They're really good."

Becky said...

You guys sounded AWESOME Amber! Good job!!!

Jen said...

That's awesome!! you guys are so cute! I might just have to go home and watch the Sound of Music now - but flash to your video for this song :-)

I could never do someth like that, i don't like stages and people looking at me! (I'm going to have to work on that before I run for President I guess)