Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Outside My Window

Outside my window: The long blue ridge line of the mountains, punctuated by white Pikes Peak, dropping off into the abyss of Cheyenne Mountain. (I always like to think that Cheyenne Mountain is in the sea, and drops deep into the abyss. Call me crazy.)
I am thinking: How very tired I am, and that whenever I work too much, it bites me in the behind.
I am thankful for: Simple routines, like a cup of coffee each morning in my cubicle while I look out at the mountains.
From the kitchen: A peach crumble, my grandmother's biscuits, and chicken noodle soup for a dinner with a young man from our small group.
I am wearing: Boring work clothes. A ruffled green shirt and brown slacks.
I am reading: The new Compassion children's magazine, which I helped the editor get pictures of Tanzania for. My work is not in vane!
I am hoping: For a bank loan by Friday.
I am hearing: The hum of an office building, the clearing of my coworker's throat, the clickety clack of keyboards.
I am creating: A new island for my kitchen, if I can convince Mike what a great idea it is to use our old bathroom vanity in the kitchen.
Around the office: We have chapel this morning, in which a man who led a medical team to Haiti will share, but I feel the need to hide from Haiti today.
One of my favorite things: Estes Park, where my honey is taking me for Valentine's Day in just one week!
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: Dinner with Will tonight. On Friday, my family is coming down to see Mike and I sing at our little love event, and I will hopefully show them my new bannister and table in person afterwards!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I can't wait to see you two sing on Friday!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you too!