Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meatballs and Monkeys

This post is purely an advertisement for Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. We weren't sure if we wanted to see it because the only person we knew who liked it also thought my cowboy boots were "retarded" and my cooking was weird. So I wasn't sure if our tastes matched.

But this movie was surprisingly funny and extremely quirky in a good way. My favorite part was the monkey, Steve, who happens to be Neil Patrick Harris (if I were a girl who screams and then faints behind police partitions for celebrities, I might for him).


Now that it's Oscar season, many feel that they should watch "art," like violence and poetry and nudity. I'll take meatballs and monkeys.

1 comment:

Michael Jonathan Van Schooneveld said...

My favorite part was when the monkey pulled the gummy bear's heart out like Raiders of the Lost Ark. There was a lot of surpising stuff in that movie. It was actually one of the better ones of its kind I've seen in a while.