Mike thinks that the greeting card industry is a racket run by the mob and I find this to be a more subtle, nuanced method of bragging, so it's time again for the much anticipated 4th Annual Van Schooneveld Christmas Quiz! (Yay! Hooray! Huzzah!) Take our little quiz and see how your results compare to last year.
1. In January, Amber ate a lifetime's worth of:
a. Ice Cream at the National Ice Cream Conference in Davenport, Iowa
b. Squid Ink as a special guest on Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
c. Curries, biryanies, and tepid coconut flesh in India on a work trip
2. In April, Mike and Amber bought a
a. quaint Victorian bungalow in Old Colorado City, built in 1893.
b. hipster condo downtown.
c. white-bread suburban home on the West side of Colorado Springs.
3. Since April, Mike has learned
a. to juggle live eels while playing "Oh Susanna" on a nose harp.
b. every soliloquy in Hamlet in Yiddish.
c. how to do everything, including install new floors, refurbish kitchen cabinets, install granite countertops, and paint impossibly high walls.
4. Mike and Amber went on a short family vacation to
a. Moab, Utah
b. Pampa, TX
c. Omaha, NE
5. In July, Mike and Amber published a book together entitled,
a. Marriage That Works: The Van Schooneveld Way
b. Passport to Prayer: A Journey of Compassion
c. How to Refinish Your Kitchen for the Price of a Latte
6. In October, Mike and Amber took a belated summer vacation to:
a. Test and re-test every Shave Ice in Kauai.
b. Save baby turtles on the Galapagos Islands.
c. The annual Harry Potter convention in Detroit.
7. Finally found a home church after much searching, called
a. The Infinite Church of Zoroaster
b. The Derek Zoolander Church for People Who Want to Learn to Praise Good and Do Other Stuff Good Too
c. Springs Calvary
8. Mike and Amber still do not have
a. cable TV and cell phones.
b. offspring to dominate and rule the world.
c. any cool tattoes.
4. trick question, all of the above
8. trick question, all of the above
Amber and Michael