Monday, August 17, 2009

Miscellanea

We've been busy little baboons, so I haven't had time to post. But I will at least tell you what fascinating things have been dominating my attention.

We just went to Estes Park for a weekend minibreak. On Saturday, we were just leaving our cabin at the Y for an afternoon stroll, when we saw a mama bear with two cubs. That was really neat-o, but also kind of scary. Mike grabbed a camera to take pictures, but it was his mom's, so now all you get to see is this picture of Mike looking dramatic at Moraine Park.

On our weekend away, we had lots of time to read, so guess what...I finished the Old Testament! It was a good feeling. It took 75 days. Now, I know everything.

Last night, we went to two of my coworkers' wedding, Chris and Becky. I helped her pick her dress, and I am taking full credit for its awesomeness. (She's in Greece, so she can't protest.) The wedding was at the Fine Arts Center, so between the ceremony and reception we got to look at the Botero exhibit at the gallery. I love me some fat naked Latinos.
Here's a pic I stole from Facebook of the wedding.

And that is why I haven't posted.

4 comments:

Mike V. said...

Amber's instructions to me for that picture she took of me, and I quote: "Suck in."

robinegg said...

we were in estes this weekend TOO!

and mikey....my verification word is: belly. baaahahahahahahaah

Amber Van Schooneveld said...

In defense of myself, I only said that because otherwise Mike doesn't like photos of himself and won't let me use them.

And my verification word is "endazupp."

Becky said...

I couldn't have found that dress without you, Amber. And it was my favorite!!!