Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Proof of How Tough I Am

I've been biking to work this summer. It rocks. Besides getting muscles similar to Van Damme, my namesake, I'm getting to bike with 3 great women and getting lots of bragging rights. This picture was taken in the locker room at work, expressly for bragging rights. 
 
We biked in to work on Tuesday, the day after, unbeknownst to me, the biggest storm of the year hit Colorado. The trail was very wet and muddy. I purposefully went through multiple mud puddles and tunnels of water, for the sole purpose of showing off my mud at work afterwards. Unfortunately, the mud all washed off in the shower, so these pictures will have to do. I even got it on my neck, just for effect. 

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that you posted pictures of that great ride. Your shoes were probably more muddy, too, before you rode through that river. And I'm so honored that I get to go with you some days!

Marcey said...

You better be careful, Amber...there are "mud fetish" people out there, Googling for pictures such as these. You can't be too careful these days, you know!

ps. Love your blog.

Amber Van Schooneveld said...

Ew, mud fetish, that's gross.

Amber Van Schooneveld said...

p.s. Thanks, Marcey. And Jamie, I'm so glad you're biking with us.

hlw said...

You go girl! I'm talking a lot about buying a road bike...and want to use it to go to work, too. One of these days, you'll see a blog about my new road bike...it's just taking a while...