Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Menu Planning

So, I'm having a little party here on Friday. Mike and I pulled out all our newly inherited crystal and such (from my grandmother and his grandfather). I'm now trying to figure out what to make. I don't know how to cook for this many people! I'm used to having small little parties. So please tell me what you think of this for 20 to 25:
  • Veggies and Dip: Muhumara dip, artichoke dip, and olive tapenade with crostini and crudite (carrots, celery, snow peas)
  • Curry chicken salad mini sammys
  • Tomato bruschetta
  • Frozen watermelon pops
  • Cookies (banana chocolate chip and sugar cookie)
  • Coconut Key Lime Pie cupcakes
  • Wines

Kind of random, I know. It's based on what I felt like making and eating myself (and what I already have). Is that enough variety for a party of 25? Just don't know...

6 comments:

Becky said...

WOW!! Sounds amazing.
What can we bring?

sarahbri said...

I think that sounds good. Especially if you tell them that it's appetizers only. I wish I could go!

Jamie said...

I shall now attempt to cancel my previous plans... yummmmmmmm...

And, fyi, my word verification thing below says "getsad". What if I don't want to?

Aubergine said...

Sounds delicious! If you want to add something easy, you could add a cheese tray.

Amber Van Schooneveld said...

Thanks, Aubergine. I think I will add brie and preserves with crackers! Just made the cupcakes and I'm quite tempted to eat them all tonight.

Anonymous said...

Well, if there are any left put one in the freezer and we can have cupcake night - an old Welsh tradition where you split a cupcake 12 ways and serve it with Meade :)