Friday, July 3, 2009

Hawaii Bound

Guess what!!!......We bought tickets to Kauai in October!

We've been thinking of it for awhile, because we knew we could stay in Mike's grandfather's condo if we wanted. Tickets had been $600-800 or more, but this week, they dropped and we bought our tickets for $480! That's less than we paid 6 years ago on our honeymoon.

So, yes, we went to Kauai on our honeymoon. (Same grandfather's condo, diferent part of the island.) After that, I loved it soooo much, that my goal was to go there before our 10th anniversary or before babies. We went 3 years later...Now we're going 3 years later again. I'm noticing a trend. We camped for all our vacations in between, so it all balances out, right?

We'll be staying in Poipu at the Lawai Beach Resort for 9 days. Mike's parents will be there the week before us, and we'll overlap for about 4 days. We went with them 3 years ago, and it's fun because they basically go snorkelling in the morning, sit around and read, then go snorkelling in the afternoon, then go to dinner. Could anything sound more relaxing and wonderful? When you've already visited the island, you feel no pressure to run around and see everything, only to eat record amounts of shave ice.

Oh yes, there will be shave ice. Mike and I pride ourselves on being 1. ice cream connisseuers and 2. Shave Ice connisseuers. Currently, I think Wishing Well in Hanalei is the best, but we're going to have to do lots of research to verify these results. We also love to visit all the farmers markets and live off the food there. Like a fresh papaya from the farm with lime every morning. Oh, I'm getting excited.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Messer said...

You ratty rats! I am terribly jealous. If I put on my sparkly red shoes and click my heels together, and wish really really hard, could I end up with you in Kauai???? Maybe in three years??

Tara said...

I like to experiment at Lapperts. They have the best ice cream ever!!

You will have so much fun!

sarahbri said...

Is this your way of being less cool? It's NOT working. :(

Marcey Smith said...

Um, I'm guessing that that ISN'T a photo of you and Mike from a previous trip...

Amber Van Schooneveld said...

Those are my in-laws. :)

Aubergine said...

That's so exciting that I'm even getting excited. Yahoo!