Sunday, July 12, 2009

Birthday Weekend

This weekend, I pretended I wasn't an introverted hermit and we had quite the party weekend. Now that we have floors, there was no excuse to put off a homewarming any longer, so we threw a home-heating/Amber birthday party Friday night.
There were 23 of us, a much larger group than I'm used to, so I worried that I would have enough food, but I think it was fine. I had some work people and some new friends from church. We felt loved and special that there were that many people who wanted to come.
Then Saturday, my lovely family came down and ate my leftovers. :)
And went to the Flying W Ranch for dinner. It was pretty darn cheesy, but something I can now say I've done.
Then on Sunday, my actual birthday, Mike took me out for breakfast at Adam's Mountain Cafe in Manitou Springs. Then we went on the lantern tour of the Cave of the Winds, in which your way is lit by a candle in a bucket. It was neat.
Not wanting the fun to be over, we drove up past Woodland Park and hiked around some idllyic lake. Then dinner at Pizzeria Rustica. Good pizza! Very similar to our favorite, Proto's.
As Liz and my great-grandmother would say, a good time was had by all.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Messer said...

AHH! I was mentioned in your blog! It's my lucky day : ) Your birthday weekend looks phenomenal...your home looks french aristocrat awesome and I just think you two are the most fun people I've ever seen or met or had the pleasure of toboggoning (sp) with!

Tara said...

That sounds so fun!! I loved the cheesy cowboys too!

Jon The Hart said...

Sounds pretty great!

Chuck <>< said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The food spread looked awesome.