Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer Reading Program: The Bible in 90 Days

So, we don't have TV. And I'm finding that books usually just annoy me, like this one and this one. So, I've come up with (read: stolen) an excellent new plan for our summer: The Van Schooneveld Summer Reading Program: The Bible in 90 Days. 

My coworker, who has an excellent last name, decided to read the Bible in 80 days, starting today. I said, "80 days? Ha! I bet I could read it in 90 days! Take that, Mr. Bray!" So Mike and I decided that we are going to read the Bible this summer cover to cover, starting June 1st and ending August 29th. I estimate this is about 24 pages a day, in my big fat Bible.  

I figure this is probably a better use of my time than watching Futurama reruns on the laptop or fuming about modern writers all summer long. 

Would any of you like to join us? 

7 comments:

Tara said...

I will join in!

shiftM2 said...

I am so glad you guys are doing this with us. I am going to post a link to your site on my blog.

Mr. Bray

Amber said...

Yay, Tara! That's great.

Jen said...

My small group did this a few years ago...I might throw my ring in again with you!!!

-Jen

Kerry said...

You know, there is an actual study plan called "The Bible in 90 Days." It comes with a study guide, an NIV bible that is marked out with the reading schedule and a bible companion. It works out to 12 pages a day. It's even set up as a summer bible study that starts on June 1 and ends August 29. I only know this because our church is doing this for the summer and I just got my stuff for it this week.

Amber said...

That's quite a coincidence! I'm started on June 1 and ending on Aug 29! I guess I'll be doing it with you!

shiftM2 said...

Quick Update - the reading is going very well so far. It is amazing to see God working through this.