Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Check It Out!

This is what our bathroom looked like a little over a month ago when we moved in: Then my husband tore it up and it looked like this:
Now my husband, who has zero experience in anything handy, has in one month transformed it all by himself to look like this:

Bravo! Doesn't it look incredible? Baseboards are still to come, but he tore out the vinyl floor and laid ceramic tile. He tore out the old toilet and sink and replaced them with new efficient ones. Installed the decorative tiling around the center of the room. Painted it. (Thanks to those of you who helped us choose the paint color.) All with just a little moxie and a lot of sweat.

He has also finished various other tiling jobs he started. (This all started with a visit to Craigslist by my addicted husband.) Here's the tile inlay in front of the back door so we won't track so much dirt in.
Here's the tile in front of the garage door (where he ripped out more of the old green vinyl). These pictures are making me want to rip out the old ugly brown doors and replace with nice new ones...One thing leads to another, doesn't it?
And, finally, here is the tile he laid in the front entrance. We tore out the carpet in the front, as you can see here, because the all-consuming stank became too much.

All I can say is Mike rocks.

6 comments:

Tara said...

WOW! I must say that I did not expect this to come out so well. I am not saying that you two are not talented, but I didn't think it would turn out to be a masterpiece! I can't wait to see this in person!

p.s. I want to run up and mess up your towels that are so nicely tied with raffia. I think it would be a ton of fun.

barleygreen said...

Bravo! Bravo!! Encore...at 17556 E Prentice (just kidding). Way to go Mike.

amorcitos said...

Looks great, you guys! Props to Mikey.

Amber said...

Tara, you don't want to know how long it took me to tie those towels...No one is allowed to actually dry their hands in here.

Ric Sieben said...

looks awesome! you two are settling into the wonderful world of home ownership quite nicely.

Michael Jonathan Van Schooneveld said...

I really didn't expect the tile to turn out this good, either. Really, I'm quite shocked.