- Mike and I got our packing on. I packed up all our books, which took 14 boxes. I own too many books.
- We did a test bike ride from our new home to Compassion. It was epic. It took 1 hour and 40 minutes door to door. 1 hour and 40 minutes of impressive altitude gain and loss. Not so sure I'm tough enough to ever do that for real, but we'll see. I can park at the Woodmen/I-25 Santa Fe trailhead and cut a lot of the trip off. That way I would just bike through glorious empty forest to work. How sublime.
- We drove up to Denver for Marchmas, a mysterious new spring festival. However, my bro-in-law got the flu, so Marchmas was postponed and we still don't know exactly what it is.
- Our car, predictably, broke down on the way to Marchmas. Thank God for the kind citizens of Aurora who helped me push it up a steep hill.
- We were stuck in Aurora allllllllll weekend, until Sunday at 5:30 when we flushed another 522 smackaroonis down the toilet for the car.
- While waiting in A-town, we saw Race to Witch Mountain, which I subsequently reviewed. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.
- It was OK being stuck in Aurora, because I have great parents who entertained and fed us. I pretended I was like a frontier woman who is used to long delays and adversity, when her mule dies on the way to Dalhart. Which proves that I am officially my mother.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Weekend Update with the Vans
Lizzie, it looks like I shamelessly stole this title from you, but I didn't. I've totally used it before. It was an eventful weekend, so I thought I'd update you. Whoever "you" are.