Monday, February 23, 2009

Offer Accepted

The offer we put on the home was accepted! We weren't really expecting them to accept it; we bid low so we could negotiate. But they called by 10 am to accept! Now we'll have an inspection this week to see if everything is ship-shape.

Here's what the home looks like from the front. That looks very respectable and grown-up, doesn't it? It looks far more white bread than I would picture me in, but there you are. You can take the girl out of the suburbs, but you can't take the burbs out of the girl. As you can see, it has an enormous lot, which is funny, because we didn't want to maintain a yard...
Here's the front room that I love. Have no furniture for it, so will turn it into a meditation den for me or maybe an opium den for Mike.
This photo is taken from the front door. Hiding behind the evergreen is Blodgett Peak, which the backyard has a great view of.
The home is on Hanovertown, which is a silly name. From the start, I told Mike I couldn't live in a home on a silly street. Bryan, my clever brother-in-law slash forever-frat-boy has already dubbed it 'Hangovertown.' Clever. I'm looking up the history of Hanovertown, Virginia so it will grow on me.

8 comments:

Brandy said...

So excited for you, Amber! Can you throw a big party when you move in? I'll bring some kind of fancy pants appetizer and we can eat them while in the opium den.

Becky said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! It's so grown up of you.

When's the baby due? :)

robinegg said...

how exciting!

Kelly said...

Congratulations Ambular! I'm excited for you!

Jon The Hart said...

Congrats!

Tara said...

Congrats Am & Mike!! I love the house pics. It looks gorgeous and I love the view.

By the way, when I first saw that you were going to live on Hanovertown--I too dubbed it Hangovertown in my head. I guess that is a sign that I married someone who thinks like me or we have become the same person!!

Elizabeth Messer said...

Sa-weet! I thought of "The Crucible" when I read Hanover town...because I think one of the characters was from Hanover. Anyway, I like it actually. I think it is awesome, like the name Prudence.

Are you sure you don't want to name your kid that? or a dog?

hlw said...

Congrats!!!!