Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

If I was clever enough like my sisters to figure out how to put a soundtrack on my blog, it would be playing, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by the best band ever, U2. (If you're in my near vicinity, I'll sing it for you so you can get the full affect.)

The house search continues. I want a home like yesterday. Like two years ago. So I'm not very good at this patience thingy. I didn't cover this waiting for a home in the Bible study about patience I wrote.

Two of the homes Mike and I were batting for sold. Stinkers. One of these was the home on Chokecherry that was our number 1 choice. There's still one home we're seriously considering, and it appeals to my nature-lovin' heart but isn't quite as sensible as other homes. (It's on the very tip of town and backs to open space and walking trails. If I lived there, birds would come sit on my arms and deer would eat from my palm. But there's not a bathroom on the first floor and certain family members said they'd have to pee on my couch because their creaky knees couldn't make it upstairs to the bathroom.

Part of our problem is our field is just so wide. We're considering a wide variety of homes from teepees to castles. Now I feel like we're (I'm) just flailing about, not knowing what to do. Buying a home kind of defines what type of person you are, and I don't know who I am.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah, part of the problem that caused the flailing is that none of the homes in the areas we were considering ended up being actually available. Thus we're flailing about looking for back-ups.

Jon The Hart said...

I haven't found what I'm looking for either. May I say, that while I appreciate U2, I think their new song stinks, there, I said it.

If you want, I will come down this weekend and pick a house for you, in sort of a binding arbitration kind of way. As long as you close on a house before July 1, 2009, you will qualify for that sexy First-time Homebuyer Tax Credit, so really, what's the rush? You know what's out there, and aren't being unrealistic about what you want, so just breathe deep and keep at it!

Also, maybe instead of buying one house in C Spgs you should buy 7 houses in Detroit... lot of upside potential there.

Tara said...

I have an idea. Why don't you go up to the house of your dreams, ring the doorbell, and when they open the door say--Oops! Wrong house!! They won't know it, but when they opened the door you will have released some wild animal into their house. Keep doing this every week (make sure to wear disguises) until they start to think that they are just too close to the "wild" because wild animals keep getting into their house. They will be forced to put their house on the market for a very low price because they will just want out ASAP. VOILA--Your Dream HOME!!

barleygreen said...

You must go with Tara's plan. Its Brilliant! Absolutely Brilliant!!