Monday, January 5, 2009

Tunak Tun, Here I Come!

I'm leaving Friday for India, and I'm getting really excited! I've collected roughly 314 salwar kameez so I have plenty to wear. The pants are hilarious--they frankly look like Hammer Pants, or like I should be on a commercial for a liquid diet that helped me lose 330 pounds.

Today I found out I'm going to Nagercoil, which is on the southernmost tip of India. It's where there are leopards and tigers and elephants, oh my! Here's a pic near the area. Crazy! I'm also going to Trivandrum on the southern coast. Double crazy! Then I'll also be in Chennai and Bangalore.

There's no better way to celebrate my imminent departure than with one of the best internet sensations ever, Daler Mehndi. I have to give credit to Jon for Daler. Although Jon kicks dogs, he did introduce us many years ago, so he's allright by me. If you want to be my friend at all, you have to watch this video and learn the dance and love it.


5 comments:

sarahbri said...

That is truly awesome! I do want to learn that dance. Then I want to have a Daler dance off with you and Mikey. But I bet Mikey will win. Still, I'd like to.

Mike said...

You know I would. I'm a dance machine. And I've been studying this one for some time. I have the spirit of the tiger. This guy sure knows how to write a catchy tune. Even if you can't understand it, it gets in your head. And, incidentally, for all you nerds out there, this is the origin of the Dranei dance from World of Warcraft. WOOT!

Becky said...

Oh. My.

Tara said...

I love this video!! This is too weird though--Bryan and I were just talking about this video on Sunday because I said I needed to find it to post on my blog!! I think I am going to be singing this song for days--the last time I watched this video, the song was in my head for months!!

James said...

Am, I'm afraid our friendship is about to meet an abrupt end...I'm sorry to report that my dancing skills, even at their pinnacle, fall well short of Daler.