Wednesday, January 28, 2009

22 Things

Thanks to large quantities of NyQuil, DayQuil, and phlegm (I know, gross), I'm not feeling very creative right now. So I'm going to do one of those email forward type things. I was tagged on Facebook to write 25 things about myself and forward it to 25 people. But I can't think of 25 people to forward it to, so I'll just post them here. And besides, I could only think of 22 things.

1. My middle name is Noel, but I wasn't born in December, nor do I, as a person, have any other relation to Christmas. In elementary school, boys would routinely say, "Your middle name is "Noel"? (pronounced the guy way), because they were dumb.

2. If I could do anything (and be good at it), I'd be a Broadway singer and dancer.

3. I still bite my nails. I don't intend to stop.

4. I run into things a lot. At any given time, I look like a 9-year-old boy with bruises all over my legs and arms that I can't quite specify how they got there.

5. I want to get degrees in history, philosophy, medieval lit, and many other useless subjects.

6. I'm happiest outside, away from society but not toilets.

7. I (therefore) still dream of retiring to a mountain cabin someday.

8. I tend to like melancholy bands with men who sing high (Coldplay, for example).

9. I don't pay attention to music or watch popular movies (unless I have to review a movie, and despite the fact that I really like music).

10. I watch 3 channels on TV: Food Network, HGTV, and Travel. They're 43, 44, and 45, so I don't have to think very hard.

11. I'm an idea person and, subsequently, excited, unstable, and dissatisfied much of the time.

12. I get passionate about many things, but don't always have much perseverance (though I try to persevere nonetheless).

13. If I didn't have a guilt complex and a husband, I would probably eat cereal for at least 2 meals a day. I don't really like eating meat most of the time, but I do it anyway just because.

14. I like to write. I want to be a travel writer or a humor writer, but it seems so frivolous. (See number 19.)

15. I have no tattoos, and I hate wearing earrings or much of any jewelry. I love wearing makeup, but I hate doing my hair (so I don't, usually).

16. I love to discuss deep things, but am not good at starting the conversation and get very self-conscious.

17. Every day, I wake up really excited to eat breakfast. I marvel each day at how my body needs food every day, so often, and I get to eat it. What a fun part of life.

18. Of all the places I've ever traveled, and although I love visiting other countries, Colorado is my ultimate favorite place, and I'm so glad I was born here and my family lives here.

19. I have a productivity complex. I have a hard time doing things I don't feel are worthwhile or productive in someway. Like if I read a book, I don't read something light and enjoyable, I read nonfiction that will help educate me. Very annoying habit.

20. I'm always looking ahead to what's next in life. But right now, I have no idea what that is.
21. I often dislike soup.
22. I have really pointy ribs, or bony protuberances as Mike likes to call them, that stick out quite far. If I wear a tight shirt, you could mistake them for my chest. Sad but true. Mike says they are turned the wrong way, so instead of being flat against my organs, they stand out from my body like wings.
Please leave your own interesting or weird fact about yourself in the comments.

2 comments:

sarahbri said...

I think I must be somewhat interesting, or else I wouldn't have any friends. But when forced with these things, I can't come up with a single interesting thing about myself.

Amber said...

Sarah, You're always saying that, and it's so not true. You are very interesting, you're just less narcissistic, so you think about it less.