Friday, October 3, 2008

Sweet Adelaide, 8 pounds, 2 ounces

I'm in this for the money. You all know that, right?

And I've been noticing a similarity in all the most nationally popular blogs that get the advertisers, like Boo Mama, Dooce, and Pioneer Woman. It's poop. Baby poop, that is. I'm sorry to use that word, Mom, but it's true. All the popular blogs are by moms, about moms, and for moms and their bodily function-filled lives.

And although my mommy friends claim they're just so busy wiping hineys, I know the true reason is that they follow 8 other mommy blogs that they have to read each day.

I want a piece of the action.

So, I'm very pleased to introduce you to Adelaide May. She was born last Monday, weighing in at 8 pound and 2 ounces. Mike and I are just overwhelmed and ecstatic with our new role as mama and papa.

From now on, my blog will be primarily filled with funny and winning anecdotes about how Addie once peed in the school pool, ate all the daisies in the garden, and called the mailman "dada."

So sorry to do this to you, Sarah, but I go where the money goes, and there just isn't a lot of buzz for brassy businesswomen like us. Oh wait, I gotta go, Addie's pulled down the ficus tree again.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Putting aside all the other items in this blog that stretch credulity, which I am fully willing to accept, the only one that bother me is the internal inconsistency of how a baby that was born last week was able to pull down a ficus tree...again. On the other hand, it was a remarkable pregnancy and birth and recovery, so it's reasonable to assume she's a remarkable child. Congratulations me. My dreams of eugenics experimentation and genetic alteration have finally come true. Tremble, ye mortals! For the gods now walk the earth!

Amber said...

You're such a weirdo, honey. And it is the third time she's knocked over the ficus. She takes after you.

robinegg said...

awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, to have to say that I identify with those blogs. I had three fantastic little ones. Nothing sweeter or more wonderous! But you're right about all those diaper changes. They owe me big time!

Aubergine

Amber said...

Well then, Aubergine, you're going to have to check in every day to find out about our latest escapades and tips.

p.s. Mike decided that if I get an imaginary girl, he gets an imaginary boy. He's trying to decide between Anaximander and Artaxerxes.

And his boy is going to have huge ferocious wings of fire. Kind of like a balrog, but with better oral hygiene.