Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Exposed on Video

I realized something the other day. All my favorite songs for Friday Video sing about underwear.

There's the classic: You know you're not in high finance, considering secondhand underpants. Check yourself, how'd it get so bad? What happened to those other underpants you had?

Or there's
this one: Laundry day. See you there. Underthings, tumbling.

This week my favorite line in my Friday Video is the backup singers': Overwear! Underwear! Anytime! Anywhere!

This song is from the musical Aida, and I love it. If I were the kind of woman who videotaped herself singing and posted it on the internet, this is totally the song I would do.

So I went searching, and there are apparently plenty of women who are this kind of woman. This woman really makes me feel embarassed (but not nearly as much as many), but I can't find any other good recording of the song, so just close your eyes and sing along.


If I ever post videos of myself on the internet with myself as my own four backup singers, please ask me to go on a walk and lead me in a new direction.

Question of the Day: If you were the kind of person who videotaped themselves and posted it on the internet, what would your video be of? (Please make sure to comment. It's how I make sure whom not to make fun of on my blog.)

And no, Jon the Hart, posting videos of other people their freshman year of college does not count.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Oo, tough call. I don't know. I've done this sort of thing before, but that was before home digital editing and youtube. If I could I'd do all sorts of things, Dr. Horrible, FotC, maybe this song, Sit Down You're Rockin the Boat.

sarahbri said...

I don't know what I'd do. But I did like the "take me for a walk" comment. Very subtle. But made me laugh. By the way, Amber, can we talk for five minutes?

Jon The Hart said...

I have the means to do pretty much whatever I want, and yet somehow I suppress the urge to post videos of myself on the internet. This amazing act of self-control notwithstanding, I would probably post videos of myself talking down to the common man, since I am an avowed elitist misanthrope.

For example, during the political seasons like the one we're currently weathering I would go on about how everyone who likes candidate A is completely ignorant. Then I'd tease the people who like candidate B with minor praise before unleashing a barrage of vitriolic statements, reducing them to tears.

Though, since it's on the internet, people would largely just choose to ignore my videos, unless I employed my sardonic wit in a delicate fashion, hiding my true contemptuousness. Yes... That is it.