Thursday, September 4, 2008

Third Time's Not a Charm

Hello. I write to you today to tell you that my 3rd attempt at visiting Haiti has been cancelled because of the hurricanes and storms bashing it right now. Pray for Haiti and its people.

I've been saying for weeks, maybe months, "I'll do that when I get back from Haiti." Now I find myself with no barrier, once again, between me and my uncertain future. I'm going to have to start exercising, reading, cooking, and all kinds of idealistic things.

I'm thinking maybe I'll just fly to Roatan, Honduras this weekend or something so I can get a much needed mental break.

In honor of mental breaks, here's a picture of an incredible spot we discovered this weekend in RMNP. We had to scramble up a tall rock outcropping, but it opened up to some of the most beautiful views I've seen of Morraine Park and the mountains.

4 comments:

T. said...

That really stinks Am! I know you were really excited for this trip. Are they talking about rescheduling again?

Anonymous said...

Roatan.... great scuba place :) It's been on my list of places to visit for a few years now....too many places to visit, not enough time.

-L

Amber said...

Here's my coworker's post on Haiti that expressed what I wanted to express but didn't have the heart to:

http://beckytschamler.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-heart-for-haiti.html

Becky said...

Oh NO Amber! I'm so bummed for you!!!!