Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Call me Penelope.

I work with a man who calls me Penelope. Don't know why, just does. It's kind of appropriate, because I am Penelope. (Sorry, you have to click on this link to view the video because YouTube took down all their good videos. And sorry, this isn't the best Penelope video, because YouTube hid those all too.)

I'm afraid I've become this person. I'm always like:
  • "When I lived in Longmont, I had a really good cheese shop, better than any cheese here, sooooo....."
  • "At my old work, we had parties every day, way more than you ever have here, soooo....."
  • "I used to live near Boulder and they had a meadery, way more mead than you have here, soooo......"
Really, someone needs to hit me over the head with a block of Gruyere. I'm kind of like Jen who is always like, "Well, I know when I was in Spain...." Except Jen is so innocent and cute, no one would suspect her of being Penelope. But I'm pretty obnoxious myself, and you know I am.

In my defense, the cheese shop was really incredible. They had parkas for you to wear in the refrigerated cheese vault with free samples of cheese from every place you can imagine. And the meadery gave you 10 free mead samples, and it's the best mead I've had. And at my last job, they had chocolates like every day. So you see, it's really just about the free food.

By the way,
I feel I should update you on the special edition of my book, since I made it sound all non-legit and stuff. Apparently, it is legit, and the publisher is donating a dollar to Compassion's Global Food Crisis Fund for every book sold in the next couple months. Wow--how rude of me to have mocked charity! And in other coo-coo-ca-chew book news, I just heard from this church who is doing Hope Lives the next 5 weeks. They have 50 small groups doing Hope Lives. Now that's Coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I know when I was in Spain......

I really don't have anything good to follow that up with...

So... I know when I was in Scotland with Amber...we had cheese, but it wasn't very good, it was just Laughing Cow from the grocery store cause we were too cheap to go out ot dinner that night... but Amsterdam, that place had some great cheese!

Amber said...

Jen: You + Me + The Scary Mask Guy + Laughing Cow Cheese + Edinburgh=4EVR

sarahbri said...

I'm more Penelope than you sooo....I complain about stuff all day nine days a week sooo....I do it all the time sooo...I do it way more than everyone in your office combined sooo...We have pastries at our work every day soooo...I gain like 100 pounds a week from pastries sooo....I'm going to weigh 10,000 pounds after today sooo....Fort Collins is better than any play you've ever been sooo....

Amber said...

Well, my dad founded the town of Ft. Collins soooo.....I'm dating the mayor too soooo.....they're creating a sculpture of me to go into Old Town Square soooo.....Way bigger than any sculpture that's ever been done of you soooo....I already weight 11,000 pounds sooooo......I invented pastries soooo.....