I've come to a very sad phase in my life: I don't know to whom I can quote Clueless anymore.
I used to make sure I was well buffered at all times by a entourage of Clueless girls such as myself. Most of the phrases we commonly used, and I still use gratuitously to this day, have their genesis in the glorious pop icon of my life: Cher. These sayings make up the fabric of my psyche. All things in life can be expressed through Clueless quotes.
Consider these examples:
- Dee, I'm outtie=I'm leaving.
- I'm totally buggin'=I am really bothered by this.
- Where does she find these barneys?=She has bad taste in men.
- We can certainly party with the Haiti-ans=I believe in immigration.
- Wait a minute, I love Josh!=I've just had an emotional epiphany.
- He's a disco dancing, Oscar wild readin', Streisand ticket holdin' friend of Dorothy=He's gay.
- I had 2 bowls of Special K, a handful of popcorn, and 5 peanut butter M&Ms=I ate too much.
- And my buns? They don't feel nothin' like steel=I haven't been keeping up with my Buns of Steel videos.
It's a real concern.
(By the way, my husband just started his own blog: www.coloquats.blogspot.com)