- Mike and I just submitted our book manuscript. Did I tell you I decided to make Mike my coauthor? He was so helpful, and it turns out his logical, thoughtful brain is great at writing Bible studies. So, just minutes ago, I emailed my manuscript to my editor. Hooray!
- The Web site Mike and I review movies and books for took the summer off. (When all the good movies come out. Boo.) But we're officially back on. Mike will be reviewing two books a month; I'll be reviewing one movie a month, starting with Ballet Shoes on Tuesday.
- Mike's about to finish two big freelance projects he's been working on all summer, including the sequel to the fantasy book he edited that just came out.
- I'm going on a trip to Haiti from September 9 through the 20th with work. It will be a story and photo-gathering trip, so I'll be tagging along with 1 photographer, 1 videographer, and my 2 Haitian friends and coworkers probably doing things like holding boom microphones.
- I semi-redecorated our apartment with money I got for my birthday, including large and impractical items that I love, like my new wooden Asian screen and 70's style circle mirror for the dining room.
- We renewed our lease at our apartment through March 2009, so we'll be kickin' it Tuscan style for a little while longer.
- Since my book is now submitted, I'm going to take some time (once I'm back from Haiti) to relax and figure out what is next: maybe learning Spanish, maybe working out more(questionable), maybe getting a theology or law degree, maybe reading the Bible cover-to-cover, maybe eating ice cream, maybe moving to someplace impractical and far away, like the Dominican Republic or Bennet, Colorado.
- I was invited to do training in three of the regions I work with, so I'll potentially be going to Central America, Africa, and South America in the next 6 months. Coolest job ever.
- Now I'm just making these up to get to 10. Mike made me a delicious grilled cheese with heirloom tomatoes today.
- I bought a Halloween costume (Grecian goddess) to wear next week to my sister Chris' annual hospital banquet she planned. It's a Greek-themed banquet, and she's the most creative person ever, so if she planned it, it's gonna be cool. I think she's off buying tons of grapes as we speak.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Weekend Update with the Vannys
I haven't been sure what to write about lately. So, as I always say, when in doubt, steal. My friend Becky blogged about what's new in her life, so I'm going to do that too.