Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bra in My Ballast

I'm tired (I had 4 interviews today, one with the Washington Times!), so instead of writing, I'm going to give you a very funny video. It brings me back to my horror-filled days as an Express dressing room attendant where the fashion tyrants would tell us what color lipstick to wear and enforce thongs.

Beware, the video contains the *A* word that rhymes with ballast and means booty. So if you don't like this word, don't watch this video.


In other news, we received our second week of farm produce. So I made up a tasty rhubarb tart that is basically a cobbler topping used as a crust with a pie filling on top.


Rhubarb and Cherry Almond Tart
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon corn starch
Boil all together until thick, then mix in:
1 cup chopped rhubarb
6 chopped cherries
Then mix all these ingredients together:
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons rolled oats
2 tablespoons chopped almonds
1 tablespoon melted butter
Press into the bottoms of two mini tart pans. Top with the rhubarb cherry mixture. Bake 25 minutes at 350.

4 comments:

Amber said...

P.S. Props to Mike for the excellent food photography.

Kate said...

oh, I like Ellen. she's so likeable. I think it's neat that you warn people about that word...but makes me cringe and laugh a little - simultaneously - because I have a pretty vulgar George Carlin video on my FB profile. I say it's because he just died, and I do love his hilarious riff on American kids...as sort of awful as it is. But here's the point: already got a couple comments about is offensiveness - which of course makes me want to leave it up forever. I mean, come on, then don't watch it. or keep watching it. on MY profile.

:) anywho. congrats on the interviews. wow, you're kind of a big deal! would love to catch up sometime soon.

Amber said...

I think Ellen is the funniest woman alive. I dig her.

And it is George Carlin: Anyone would have to know not to watch him if you have a sensitive constitution!

Mike said...

You vill vere ze thongs. Alle! None of zis "vizible pan-tee line". None!! Unt make sure to push ze new belts wiss ze antelope legged jeans. No Ankles! No Calves! Unt see if ze Emo crowd of boys vill vere zem too and look like little man-princelings. Ve have vays of making you fashionable.