Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Day in the Life of an Amber

It has come to my attention that nobody has any idea what I do at work each day. So please find here what I did today--a very typical day in the life of an Amber, or Field Assignments Program Manager as we are sometimes called.
The Top Ten List of How Amber Spent Her Day
  1. I edited a story from Uganda about two young children who lost their parents to AIDS.
  2. I helped EunYoung in Korea find content for a DVD she's producing.
  3. I IM-ed with Nestor in El Salvador and Orfa in Nicaragua about the weather.
  4. I gave Paul Henri in Burkina Faso advice on how to infuse his writing with his own cultural style.
  5. I took pictures for an article for Compassion Australia's magazine. (OK, so that's not typical, but I did it today anyway.)
  6. I went to a meeting to talk "strategy." (That is typical, sadly.)
  7. I drank some El Salvadoran coffee.
  8. I asked a contact in Thailand to please not submit any more photos of nursing mothers.
  9. I helped Aaron in Canada determine guidelines for an art contest we're organizing with the sponsored children in the Dominican Republic.
  10. I advised Cecilia in Ecuador on how best to report on the flooding in Ecuador.

All in a day's work. I did much more than that today, but I'm just too tired to think about it, and you'd just get very bored if I told you.

Now next time someone asks you what a Field Assignments Program Manager does, you'll know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds interesting and very global.
Auber